Split into two levels – Junior Blasters (age 5-7 years) unites children through fun and exciting game-based activities. Whilst the Master Blasters (age 7-10 years) are ready to be a part of team by playing short games of cricket in a fun and social setting.
For kids aged 5-7, the Junior Blaster program has been formulated to be conducted over 6 to 8 weeks (centre dependent) and run for a 60-minute duration. Each Junior Blasters session has been designed in two-week blocks to simplify delivery, which means more time playing and less time providing instructions. By structuring sessions in this way, Junior Blasters will recognise their own development as they improve over two sessions - promoting skill development and providing motivation for the child.
A typical session structure will look like the following:
- Welcome Assembly (5 mins)
- Skills Rotation (30 mins)
- Blast Time modified cricket game (20 mins)
- Closing & Pack Up (5 mins)
For kids aged 7-10, the Master Blaster program has been formulated to be conducted over 6 to 8 weeks (centre dependent) and run for up to a 90-minute duration. Each Master Blasters session has been designed to involve skills to start off the session, before moving in the modified game of Master Blasters
- A typical session structure will look like the following:
- 15 Minutes – Skills Rotation
- 60-75 Minutes – Blast Game
- Blast Game Length – 12 overs per team/innings
- Batting – 4 overs per batting pair
- Bowling – All overs are bowled from the same end