In addition to the General Code of Behaviour, as a spectator in any activity held by or under the auspices of a Community Cricket Peak Body, a Region or an Affiliated Club and Association you must meet the following requirements in regard to your conduct during any such activity or event:
- Most players (in particular children) participate in Cricket activities for fun. They are not participating for entertainment of spectators only.
- Applaud good performance and efforts by all players. When watching a game congratulate both teams upon their performance regardless of the game’s outcome.
- Respect the umpires’ and coaches decisions. If there is a disagreement, follow the appropriate procedure in order to question the decision and teach children to do likewise.
- Never ridicule or scold a player for making a mistake during a competition. Positive comments are motivational.
- Condemn the use of violence in any form, be it by administrators, coaches, players, umpires or parents/guardians.
- Show respect for your team’s coach, the umpire and opponents. Without them there would be no game.
- Encourage players to play according to the rules and the official decisions, and develop your own knowledge of the rules.
- Demonstrate appropriate social behaviour by not using foul language, and not harassing administrators, coaches, players or umpires.
- Support the use of age appropriate development activities and modified rules.