General Code of Behaviour
As a person required to comply with this By-law, you must meet the following requirements in regard to your conduct during any activity held or sanctioned by a Community Cricket Peak Body, a Region, an Affiliated Association or an Affiliated Club:
- Respect the rights, dignity and worth of others.
- Be fair, considerate and honest in all dealings with others.
- Be professional in, and accept responsibility for your actions.
- Make a commitment to providing quality service.
- Operate within the rules of the sport including state guidelines which govern Cricket Victoria, the Community Cricket Peak Bodies, the Regions and Affiliated Clubs and Associations.
- Do not use your involvement with a Community Cricket Peak Body, a Region or Affiliated Club and Association to promote your own beliefs, behaviours or practices where these are inconsistent with those of Community Cricket Peak Bodies, Regions and Affiliated Clubs and Associations.
- Demonstrate a high degree of individual responsibility especially when dealing with persons under 18 years of age, as your words and actions are an example.
- Avoid unaccompanied and unobserved activities with persons under 18 years of age, wherever possible.
- Refrain from any behaviour that may bring the sport of cricket, a Community Cricket Peak Body, a Region or Affiliated Club and Association into disrepute.
- Provide a safe environment for the conduct of the activity.
- Show concern and caution towards others who may be sick or injured.
- Be a positive role model.
- Understand the repercussions if you breach, or are aware of any breaches of this Code of Behaviour.
- Act at all times to protect and promote the sport of cricket in accordance with the Spirit of Cricket.