Codes of Behaviour
Every person: spectator, player, club member, official, participant, administrator, coach, parent or member of the community involved with the sport, should work to ensure:
- inclusion of every person regardless of their age, gender or sexual orientation
- inclusion of every person regardless of their race, culture or religion
- opportunities for people of all abilities to participate in the sport and develop to their full potential
- respect is shown towards others, the club and the broader community
- a safe and inclusive environment for all
- elimination of violent and abusive behaviour
- protection from sexual harassment or intimidation.
Member Protection is important. Encourage all people to participate and enjoy their sport.
Cricket is a game that owes much of its unique appeal to the fact that it should be played not only within its Laws but also within the Spirit of the Game.
The “Spirit of Cricket” is fostered by the values that you (as a coach, parent, player, official or spectator) bring to your team, club and the game itself.
Cricket can be a highly competitive game, but it is important to play within the laws and the spirit of cricket.
The following laws and policies have been designed to make the sport strong and should be adhered to in Victoria.
These Codes apply to community sport, training and club sanctioned activities.